Saturday, June 17, 2006

Oh how long must we sing this song?

Greetings people!, please excuse me while I puke into this bucket.
**
Ah thank you. Bob is disgusted. What is contemporary Christian music, and how did such a good thing as Christianity create such a monster? All that and more, coming up next; but first a word from our sponsors. Go turn on your radio to the nearest Christian station. Done? Good! Now listen to the lyrics of maybe two or three songs, and mentally record how many times you her the words "I," or "me," surprising how many times those words pop up in "music" that's supposed to be about God. Now if you couldn't tell weather or not you hit the CCM station or not, that's another thing. With many CCM songs you could tell someone that it was soft rock and they would believe it. Oh the buggers. Many of my friends like that kind of stuff, so I try my utmost to smile politely when asked about the music. They can't see what I find so interesting about bagpipes and claymores (a fun punk version of this can be found at www.paddyrock.com) but they smile and nod politely, like I do and we have a mutual respect in most cases. I can kind of see the appeal of CCM, in fact that was all I could listen too not all that long ago. You feel like you're having a "spiritual experience," but it's just the mood of the people, the sound of the music and the idea of it all being about God.
Wow, it seems I'm just about finished, that must have been the shortest CCM rant I've been on in my life. So anyway, the point is, beware of handraising!!!

1 comment:

Robin said...

MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!

Oh.. whoops.. had sudden bought of 'Christianity'.

Music, it's the same way with me and my oldies. Friends don't understand why I like the Beatles, or banjos. My response is what's so appealing about an electric guitar that sounds like a large tin crate of cats falling down the stairs?